Pumpkin Muffins

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This was one of the recipes that I tried during Hurricane Sandy. These are probably the easiest muffins I have ever made in my life. The nice thing about them is that there are only two ingredients. They were also delicious which makes them the perfect go-to fall muffin recipe. I thought they needed something a little extra, so I topped them with pumpkin frosting from a recipe I found online. Take a look!


 


Pumpkin Muffins

1 box yellow cake mix
1 15-oz. can of pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (optional)

I added a little bit of pumpkin pie spice for additional pumpkin flavor but this is totally optional. Beat the ingredients together. The mixture will be thick. Fill lined cupcake tin and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before frosting.


Pumpkin Frosting

1/2 cup of butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Cream butter and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Turn mixer to low and slowly add powdered sugar. After sugar has been added, beat until fluffy. Spread on muffins and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I could eat these now. It reminds me of the autumn. Huge pumpkins were really cheap and my partner insisted on buying four of them. We ended up making pumpkin everything! We are stil using pumpkin purée from the freezer now.

    ReplyDelete