Wedding!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Wedding photos are here!!!

I was so excited to find this little package on our doorstep this week! I came home and ripped open the box like a kid on Christmas morning.


I was also super excited when I found out our pictures were not on a disc but on this adorable little wooden flash drive! (I apologize for the Instagram images but I don't have the originals.)


The drive has over 800 pictures on it and there are so many amazing shots it was really hard for me to choose which ones to post here. I have already posted tons on Facebook but here they are once again! Not quite the 300+ I put up there, but still I may have gone a little overboard. I tried also to share a bit of information about the important ones.


These keepsakes were really important to me to include in my bouquet. The wedgewood pendant was my Grandmom's (my mom's mom) and the rosary was my Grandma Sharon's (my mom's stepmom). They both passed within a few months of each other when I was about 10 years old and it meant a lot to me to have them with me in a special way on our wedding day.




These were the handkerchiefs that I gave my mom and dad. I also had two embroidered for Mike's mom and dad that read "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams."




Here Mom was putting on the pearls that she and Dad gave me for my college graduation.



 



It was also extremely important to me to recognize my Grandpa in a special way on our wedding day. He lives in Florida and has Parkinson's and was not able to come up for the wedding. It was very hard not having him there but I wanted to make sure that he knew that even though he was many miles away, he was in my heart every moment of the day. I plan to give him this photo for Christmas.



We got married at St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Annapolis. This is the church that Mike's grandmother, Trudy or "Grammy" as she is better known, and most of his family belongs to.


Mike's best man and best friend Matt.








We were very lucky to have Father Gene as our priest for our wedding. He has given me almost all of my sacraments growing up and it meant so much to me to have him marry us.














My Maid of Honor Katie and I have been best friends since we were five years old. Her entire family is like a second family to me - especially her parents. When I was deciding what kind of veil to wear, Katie's mom offered to make one for me. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful gift and it will be a keepsake I treasure for years to come.






The funny thing about these pictures is that all I can remember were the bugs! A word to the wise: if you plan to get married outside in a season where there are going to be summer bugs, don't wear a dress with lots of tulle! It's like a bug net and they get caught up inside like crazy! It was actually kind of funny and I will never forget all of my bridesmaids picking the little bugs out of my dress right before the reception.


Some of our engagement photos from Natalie!


This was our "Wedding Wish Tree." I love that we will always have all of the wonderful notes of love and advice people wrote us!




Probably my favorite part of the reception details - the thumbprint tree! (We had a big tree theme going - ha!) It now hangs over our bed. We put our thumbprints in red ink inside the heart where it says "Bride" and "Groom."



Our cake was red velvet and we gave guests a choice of red velvet, chocolate, or carrot cake cupcakes. They were absolutely delicious!



Here is the awesome "Wedding Brew" my Dad made for the wedding. He brewed a summer ale and made special labels with one of our engagement photos on it. He did such an amazing job and people were raving about how good it was! We saved a couple so that we can drink them on our 1 year anniversary with our cake!



We had rehearsed our first dance for months and I was so nervous I was shaking through the whole thing! I will try to post a video at the end. We danced to "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Ingrid Michaelson.


My best friend and maid of honor, Katie, and Mike's best man, Matt, gave amazing speeches. After they had finished, Mike's sister, Kristen and his mom, Kathy, got up to speak. Here Kristen made Mike put his hand on top of mine and then congratulated him, letting him know that this would be the last time he had "the upper hand."


Kathy gave the most emotional speech of all. She spoke the kindest words about our love and Mike's loyalty to her through all his years growing up. She also referenced the handkerchief that I had given her as a gift for the wedding and there was not a dry eye in the room!


Daddy impressing me with his dance moves! We danced to "Walk With You" by Edwin McCain.




Mike and his mom did a version of a dramatic (and HILARIOUS) tango that broke into the cupid shuffle which got everyone dancing!






Mike wanted to have a special dance with Grammy and at 95 years old, that woman can still bust a move!








Notice the frosting on my finger behind my back...










We had to incorporate a little "Gangnam Style" into the day.


Beautiful little Caroline!

















Yep, I know. I pretty much put the whole wedding album on here. I just am seriously so excited about them, I can't help it. I have to say that Natalie is probably the most talented photographer I have ever seen. She has a fantastic eye for capturing the sweetest moments in such a way that almost brings me to tears. Going through these photos, I was literally reliving each moment of the day. That feeling that I got when I first saw Mike standing at the altar, the emotion of Kathy's speech, the nerves during our first dance, the fun and laughter on the dance floor, the incredible love and joy that we all shared on that day -- I experienced it all over again sifting through the images. I can truly say that Mike and I will cherish these moments forever and I am so incredibly happy with the choice that we made.

8 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing job Your photographer did and what a lovey wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so excited to print some for the apartment! Did you see Caroline? She's such a cutie!!

      Delete
  2. Laura, I found your blog through the "blog everyday in May" link party -- and was so happy to find a Maryland girl! Before I got married, I nannied in Annapolis (I am from Utah, so it was a big change) and it will always hold such a special place in my heart. Your blog is adorable, and I am so happy you are loving married life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that this challenge has helped me to meet so many awesome people.

      I can imagine a move from Utah to Maryland was a big change! I've never been out to Utah but I'd love to visit someday. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your wedding photos!! They remind me so much of my own wedding (did I mention I got married this past Sept too?!?) and we had the same colors! The photos on the dock are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh what a coincidence! That's awesome! And thank you :)

      I'm checking out some of your photos now - GORGEOUS!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, how am I just now seeing these?! Your wedding was GORGEOUS! YOU looked STUNNING. All the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's amazing that as of tomorrow, it will have been THREE years! Where does the time go?!

      Delete