Happy New Year!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yes, I know that it's officially January 5th and I'm a bit late. Our New Year's celebration was pretty quiet this year. My immune system decided to make things interesting for me and I caught a nasty bug. Last night was the first time since New Year's Eve that I felt up to moving out of bed so we went out to Bonefish Grille to do a little belated celebrating.


On New Years Eve, despite my oncoming illness, we went to my godparents' house like we do every year for dinner with my family. We had steak, steamed shrimp and my godfather's traditional (and DELICIOUS) caesar salad. He uses a secret family recipe and I'm not sure what's in it but it is absolutely addictive. I only get it once a year so I never miss the family New Years party! After dinner, we went back to the apartment and had Kristen, John, and Mike's best friend Matt over to play games and watch the ball drop. We had a really good time but I was starting to feel pretty crappy so we didn't get too crazy. We have big plans for next year though!

Between Mike and me, we haven't had a healthy New Year's Eve since 2009. One of us has always been sick. My resolution for this year is to build my immune system so that I don't get sick again next year. We'll see how it goes!

We were sad to see 2012 go. We had so many big things happen for us this past year. We planned our wedding, got married, went on our honeymoon, and moved into our first apartment. We started our lives together with Mike's new job and my recent promotion. While I'm still adjusting to my new last name, it was a beautiful year and I can only hope that 2013 brings just as much adventure!

We've had a lot of firsts this year and we can't wait to make lots of wonderful memories in 2013! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment