Apple Cinnamon Puffs

Monday, March 25, 2013

As promised, this is the recipe for those "delicious apple creations" I talked about in my post on the Home & Garden show. My parents stayed up in Gettysburg at an adorable little inn a few weekends ago and they had these tasty little pastries for breakfast one morning. The bed & breakfast sells a collection of their recipes in a cute little book and so my mom picked one up so she could make them again at home.

I would eat one of these with breakfast, lunch, and dinner if Mike would let me. The recipe requires a large or "jumbo" muffin tin. We actually had to go out and buy one because I only have ONE 6-cup tin and it does definitely  not produce "jumbo" muffins like the recipe describes.

Unfortunately I haven't taken a photo and they didn't have one in the recipe book but I can't wait to make these again and I hope you try them too!

Apple Cinnamon Puffs

Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Pillsbury Grand Home Style Biscuits
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended and set aside. In another small bowl, add sugar and cinnamon, combine and set aside.

Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 even rounds. Place 8 of the rounds on a cutting board and spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on each within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top each round with 1 rounded tablespoon of the chopped apple and dates.

Press the other remaining biscuit halves out slightly. Place each on top of the apple-topped biscuit rounds. Press the edges to seal.

Dip each round in melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place in a greased jumbo muffin tin.

Bake at 350 degrees for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment