Canton Irish Stroll

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Last weekend, Mike and I and two of our close friends ventured down into the city for a day of drink specials and good bar-hopping fun to celebrate good old St. Patty. This was our first trip to the Canton Irish Stroll and we had such a good time, I hope we are able to make it again next year.

Since St. Patrick's day is on a Sunday this year and I will be busy the night before, we didn't think we were going to be able to celebrate the holiday at all. I was super excited, however, when I found out about this bar crawl and thought it would be fun even if it was a few weekends early.

We started off at Looney's Pub and ventured around through the square to Portside Tavern, Claddagh Pub and more. We wanted so badly to head over to JD's but it was packed most of the day so we ended up in Vaccaro's and grabbed something to eat there.

 

Right after we got down there, it started to snow. It was cold and literally felt like we suddenly got hit with a blizzard. I tried hard to get a picture of it but this is the best I could do. The wind was so strong it was hard to see.  

Good old Boh.


The day got even cooler when I ran into my friend Kacie from back in my early college days! She went to school with me back when Stevenson was still "Villa Julie College" but then she transferred to St. Mary's College in southern MD. I haven't seen her since my Freshman year of college!


I have been to Canton before but I was always too young to go into any of the bars. Mike and I will likely go back this summer for a date night or something to hit up some of the places we missed. It was a blast and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment