Challenge Day 1 - 250 Words

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

And so begins the "blog every day in May" challenge... Here we go!

Today's topic?

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)


I was born in Baltimore in the summer of 1989. I am the only child of two high school sweethearts. I grew up in central Maryland doing everything Marylanders do - cheering on the O's, picking crabs, going "downy ocean, hon" and loving every minute. I was a typical child of the 90's: recording songs on cassette tapes, dancing to N'sync, playing outside til the street lights came on, collecting tamagotchi's, beanie babies, Pogs, and whatever else I could get my hands on.

I went to Catholic school for 13 years of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Those were some of the best years of my life. I had a typical American childhood and looking back it all seems very picturesque.

In 2007, I went off to college to get my degree in Biotechnology. I dreamed of working in a lab, getting my PhD, and curing some of the world's most debilitating diseases. I also dreamed of getting married, owning a home, and eventually raising a family. Last year, I married the love of my life and landed my dream job at Hopkins. I quickly realized how hard it is to balance both of the lives I love. Most of my colleagues devote their lives to their work and some still never make an impact, all while sacrificing their lives at home. Despite this, my mission is to figure out how to balance both of the lives I dream about and enjoy them in the process.


(And in case you're wondering about my word count... 250 words. Exactly. BOOM.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment