Challenge Day 12 - I miss...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

When I read this one, it didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to write.

I miss the simplicity of my childhood.
I miss the innocence of those years. I miss how things seemed slower and sweeter. How people would stop to actually answer you when you said, "Hi, how are you?"

I miss making up games and using my imagination. I miss playing outside every day and "treasure hunting" in the woods. I miss the days of drinking from the garden hose, catching fireflies in a jar, picking honeysuckle on the side of the road, and running barefoot all summer.  I miss the days before I had to dial area codes and when I had to memorize my best friend's home phone number because I didn't have a cell phone to store it for me. If only I could get back to a time when everything wasn't all about instant gratification and people weren't in such a hurry all the time. Things have become so fast-paced and I need to start reminding myself to pump the brakes every once in a while.

Back then, I was completely unaware of the chaos and hardness of the world and, in times like these, I wish I could go back to that place and hide in it forever. Those really were the days.

2 comments:

  1. I also wanted to post about missing the days when life seemed easier and more simple. When we were carefree and oblivious to the horror of the world.

    ReplyDelete