Challenge Day 14 - Ten happy things

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 14, Tuesday: Ten things that make you really happy.

Ten things that make me really happy...

1. The sounds of the sea. "Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away." - Sarah Kay
2. Bubble baths. After a long day, there is nothing that relaxes me more than sinking to my nose and soaking for a while in the tub. Add candles and a glass of wine and I'm in heaven.

3. Spending quality time with family. I love, love, love hanging out with our awesome fam - on both sides. The game nights, family dinners, stories... I soak it up like a sponge. It's one of my favorite places to be. Sitting around the table, laughing til we cry, making memories - that's what it's all about.

4. Camp fires. There is something about the smell, the crackle as the wood burns, and staring into the flames that calms my soul. It's never complete, though, until someone pulls out a guitar and we make some s'mores.

5. Folksy music. There is nothing like driving down the road with the windows rolled down on a sunny day listening to your favorite music.

6. Traveling. I love to explore and discover new places. There is so much of the world I want to see.

7. Lazy Saturday mornings with Mike. I love waking up slowly (especially if it's raining), listening to a little Jack Johnson, drinking coffee,  reading the paper, and cuddling in bed. Those are my favorite mornings.

8. The company of your best friends. If there's one thing Mike has learned since we got married, it's that I need my girl time. Whether it's spending time with my mom or my best friends, it helps me recharge and get back to feeling like me again.

9. Photography. Although I still have yet to really jump into this the way I want to, I can certainly appreciate good photography. I take tons of pictures now and I love being able to capture moments and keep them forever like little time capsules.

10. Making someone else smile. If it's by way of a small suprise or a joke or even a much needed hug, I love knowing that I've made someones day a little brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I love lazy Saturday mornings too -- the chance to relax and reconnect after a long week :)

    ReplyDelete