Challenge Day 17 - Favorite Photo

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17: A favorite photo of yourself and why.

This is by far one of my all time favorite photos of me.

It was taken many years ago in our back yard on my swing set by a close family friend, Rich Riggins. He is an incredible professional photographer. He and my dad have known each other since they were teenagers and he's an all around super cool guy.

The photos he took that day are so special to my family. My mom has had this particular one framed on her desk at work forever. I just love the look of determination on my face. This symbolizes so much for me and it brings me back to my childhood. Just looking at it, I remember running around barefoot in the summer, bug hunting in the yard, and playing with all the neighborhood kids. I've said it before but those really were the best days.

It's amazing how quickly the years go by and having this moment captured so beautifully is something I will always treasure.

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! I had one of those gliders as a kid...totally broke the neighbor boys nose with it though.

    Hey, he walked into it. I'm still stickin' to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :) They were the greatest, weren't they?!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool picture!!

    ReplyDelete