Challenge Day 23 - What School Won't Teach You

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 23: Things you've learned that school won't teach you.

These lessons have taken me a while to learn but each one is valuable in its own way. Some of them I am still trying to understand. The hardest part is putting them into practice.

Do what you love. Discover the joy in your life and don't waste your time on things that make you unhappy. Find your passion and go after it with all you've got.
The Platinum Rule. We've all heard that we should treat one another how we would want to be treated, but treating other's how they would want to be treated, now that's really caring.

Don't stumble over something behind you. We've all messed up. Learn to forgive yourself and move on. The mistakes you've made are not who you are so don't let them define you.

Don't let others define you either. Your self-worth should not be determined by those around you. What's the good in letting someone else decide if you are successful or beautiful or happy?

Stop waiting. The perfect time will never come. Sometimes you just have to jump in. Life is too short to wonder what could have been.

Slow down. Don't sacrifice the present. Stop rushing around and take a minute to breathe and enjoy the moments in front of you before they become the past.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a perfect list. I wish I had written this for today's prompt!

    -Katie at AdventuringAtHome

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. It's easy to learn these but so hard to put them into practice. I always tell myself to just jump in. "Leap and a net will appear." But I never do. I get too scared so I never get anywhere.

    ReplyDelete