Challenge Day 24 - Worst Traits

Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 24: Your top 3 worst traits.

Well, I certainly didn't have to sit and think about these for very long. I have a few traits that I know are not the most appealing.

1. My mood swings
I can blame it on my constantly shifting hormones all I want, but deep down, I know I'm just a moody person. I have always been pretty sensitive and emotional. I've even been known to cry during a commercial or two. Yes, I know, you're probably thinking of the Sarah McLachlan ASPCA tear-jerker we've all been traumatized by but I'm even worse than that. I cried during this one...


I know, I'm ridiculous.

I could be laughing one minute and sobbing the next, then giving you the silent treatment because you didn't comfort me. I don't know how Mike puts up with me. I feel like he should get an award at the end of every month just for making it through.

2. I'm a perfectionist
This goes along with my wonderful Type-A personality. I can be a little bit of a control freak at times and I put a lot of pressure on myself to make everything perfect. Sometimes I spend way too much time on details that don't really matter at all in the end. I'll spend hours in the kitchen making this amazing dinner and when I finally put it on the table, even though Mike tells me it's wonderful, I end up in tears because it's not how I pictured it. Even if it tastes good, in my mind I know it wasn't perfect. I can be really hard on myself.

3. I'm a people pleaser
I will never be the type of person that can stand up to other people and say exactly what I am thinking or what I want. I tend to let other people have their way a lot because I seem to live in this world where I just want everyone to be happy and get along all the time. I know this is bad because I tend to put myself and my needs last. This also means that I have a really hard time with the word "no."

If I'm upset about something, I don't let people know it and in fact, I will tell you the opposite. I would gladly keep on going doing what I was doing so long as the everyone was happy. To me, that's the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment