Challenge Day 30 - Letting Go

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 30: React to this term: Letting Go.

Letting go is something I think we all struggle with at times.

Sometimes things happen in our lives that we have a hard time forgetting. We witness something terrible, we get hurt, we make mistakes, we hurt someone else, someone leaves us... a number of things can happen.

The bottom line is that we all have fears and we all have pain. That's simply how life goes. We can't help it. It's not something we get to choose. Holding onto those things, however, is a choice.

Choosing to keep the pain close to our hearts does nothing but hold us back. We can't live in the moment and live for today if we are stuck in the past. If we cling to those events that weigh us down, we can't ever truly be free. There can be no progress unless we learn to let go.

It's a lot easier said than done, of this I am well aware. I've had my share of troubles in life and some of them I still cannot set free. Even though I know how important it is, I still have regrets. As time passes though, I'm beginning to realize that there is no use in waiting for apologies that may never come. There is no use in kicking myself for the things I've done years after people have moved on. It only hurts me.

In order to enjoy life to the fullest and open up completely, letting go is essential. Otherwise, how can you expect to move forward?

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo/quote that you used for your post today. You are so right though about letting go in order to move forward. Great share!

    ReplyDelete