Challenge Day 8 - Sunscreen

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

"If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience."

The above quote comes to you directly from an essay written back in 1997 by columnist Mary Schmich entitled Wear Sunscreen. I never saw the column but I did hear the essay word for word in a song recorded by Baz Luhrmann a few years later. After it was released, I proceeded to memorize the entire thing and can still recite it today. The advice in the essay really stuck with me and it was the first thing I thought of when I read today's post topic.


There are so many messages throughout the speech that are so important. So instead of trying to give you a single piece of advice, I challenge you today to listen to it and ponder it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. When I sat down to write this post, "wear sunscreen" also came to mind! But I thought I better do something more personal.
    I loved this song and I still think it contains some excellent advice. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if anyone would recognize it since I remember it being pretty popular.

      I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete