Color Run Fun!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Last weekend, we took a break from reality to let loose a little and have some fun at the Baltimore Color Run. It was such a blast!

I had never before run a 5K and I was a little bit nervous because I didn't really train or anything. I ran once for about a mile and a half two weeks before the race. Typical me. I wait until the last minute to prepare for these kinds of things.

The really nice part is that it's not timed and it's actually a run/walk. There were thousands of people there and many of them were walkers or parents with small kids and strollers. Seeing that comforted me a bit knowning that I wouldn't be the only one who had to stop from time to time.

It's really all about getting messy and having a great time. We all started out in white shirts and by the end we all looked pretty tie-dyed.
There were different color stations throughout the run where volunteers sprayed color all over you. The color is just corn starch so it wasn't irriating at all.
Somehow, I was able to find the energy to run almost the whole three miles. I couldn't believe it when I came through the finish line.
After we crossed, we grabbed our color packets that they gave us and joined the giant color party at the stage.
It was such an awesome time and I'm hoping to do it again next year! If you're interested, check out their website to see if The Color Run is coming to your city!

No comments:

Post a Comment