Brie Cheese, Strawberry, Honey, & Basil Crostini

Monday, June 17, 2013

This recipe has been on my mind since the day I pinned it many months ago. I had been waiting for the right occasion to make it and somehow never found the opportunity. It looked like it would be the perfect little summer appetizer and I got tired of waiting so I made it anyway! Although I didn't have a party to attend or a little get together planned or anything, it was still a perfect little snack for just Mike and me.

The original recipe comes from Dara of Cookin' Canuck. On her site, she says these tasty little crostinis would be great as an appetizer or a dessert. I personally don't think I could wait until after dinner to enjoy them but it's nice to have the option.

[via]

Brie Cheese, Strawberry, Honey & Basil Crostini

Ingredients
12 thin slices French baguette (sliced on diagonal)
4 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 12 slices
6 medium strawberries, sliced
1 to 2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
4 fresh basil leave, thinly sliced

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lay the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Top each piece of baguette with a slice of Brie cheese.

Bake in oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 5 to 6 minutes.

Top each with 2 slices of strawberry, 1/2 to 1/2 teaspoon of honey and a few slices of basil. Serve.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I might have to try those sometime! Sometimes the special occasion is just making something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy and really pretty! I'm definitely going to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! They really are delicious and super easy!

      Delete