House Update

Saturday, June 8, 2013

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far!

We are up to our ears in flooring estimates, paint samples, and excel spreadsheets. We are crunching the numbers and starting to book our projects for this month and it is getting EXCITING!

We took our first trip to Lowe's last week to get some supplies and from the photo, it looks like Mike is already starting to get overwhelmed...
If only you could see my face. I don't think I've stopped smiling since Tuesday. Ha!

I just wanted to do a little update post to let you know that we are still alive but we are beyond busy getting everything ready for our big move-in day next month.

This weekend we are spending some time scrubbing the place clean and testing out some pretty paint colors.

So far, our main candidate for the living room is Valspar's Sparkling Lake.
I just love how soft and vintagey it looks. It's just the amount of blue I was looking for.

For the main hallways, we are liking Valspar's Milk Toast.
We are not sure if we are going to paint the dining room this same color or select a slightly different shade. Still pondering...

For our bedroom, we are going with the soft grey in Valspar's Urban Sunrise.
Ahhh, I am in love and I can't wait to see everything come together!

I still haven't decided what we are going to do yet for the guest room, the kitchen, the office, and the basement but when we do, you'll be sure to find out!

We are also in the process of buying furniture, changing our address on a million different things, and planning a big housewarming party. I honestly can't wait to get into this place!

I am also working on getting the photos of the house together to create a room-by-room post. There is some pretty hideous pink carpet I can't wait to share!

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I recently painted our bedroom Urban Sunrise and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I absolutely love the color too! :)

      Delete