Three Years Together

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I am probably the luckiest girl in the world.

Why, you ask? Because I have the most incredible husband on earth.
I know everyone probably says that but I really feel like it's true.

Since we started dating three years ago today, he has done nothing but support me, encourage me, love me, respect me, and care for me.  In the last three years, he has taught me so much and I grow more and more in love with him every day.
Though we definitely have our ups and downs, he has made me a stronger person and he always finds a way to make me feel special. Even when I look and feel my worst, he always knows how to bring a smile to my face and make me feel beautiful.
During our first year together, he made me a card every month on the 22nd and along with a silk rose, he would place them somewhere unexpected for me to find. I found them on my car windshield on my way to work, in my dorm room after class, or on the table in my apartment accompanied by a beautiful candlelit dinner.
At the end of our first year, I had a bouquet full of roses that would never die, a box full of heartfelt cards, and memories to last a lifetime.

Needless to say, he absolutely loves to hand make things and this year was no exception.

I walked into the kitchen this morning to find a hand-made burlap clock that we can hang in our new house.
I am absolutely in love with it and I can't wait to hang it up! I think the thing that I'm most excited about is all of the awesome hand-made things we are going to have that fill our house over the years. He really is incredible.

So since I knew that I had something crafty coming my way when I woke up this morning, I wanted to surprise him with my own special gift.

I wanted to do something that was heartfelt and unique, so naturally, I went straight to Pinterest for inspiration. Ha! Gotta love it!

I ended up putting my own spin on a pin I saw for state maps. I really love how it turned out and when I brought it out to give to Mike, his face lit up.
I hand drew (well, traced) the state map and I swear, I don't think I could ever do it again. It was super detailed and kind of a pain. Why couldn't we just live in Colorado or Wyoming? Then all I'd have to trace is a square!

Anyway, he really loved it and it made me feel so good to finally do something special for him.

We are taking it easy the rest of the day and making a little surf & turf dinner together tonight. Hopefully we will get out at some point to relax and enjoy some of this gorgeous sunshine!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and I will check in again next week!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Congrats on such a blessed relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your son is absolutely adorable by the way.. Congratulations!! :)

      Delete
  2. We have the same dating anniversary! We started dating June 22, 2009. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, what an awesome coincidence!! :)

      Delete