Anniversary Plans

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Believe it or not, our 1-year anniversary is fast approaching! I seriously can't believe that it's already almost been a whole year. Time really does fly!

For a while now, I've been dreaming up all sorts of ideas of different things we can do to celebrate. From trips to dinner ideas to photos, I am so excited for September to come!

Besides a little getaway, the one thing I've had my heart set on was having anniversary photos taken. I contacted Natalie (our amazing wedding photographer) last month and booked the date for exactly one month before our anniversary. That way, by the time September 22nd rolls around, we will already have the photos in hand.

I had posted an inspriation board a while back that showed some of the ideas I had for the photo shoot. I originally fell in love with the idea of doing a picnic theme but after a few recent posts by some of the photographers I follow, I started to feel like it was really overdone. I thought for a while that forgetting a theme altogether might be the answer, but I really like how put-together the themed shoots look. I wanted to find something that was more "us" and then it hit me, what could be better than camping?

As you may have read a couple of weeks ago in this post, Mike and I love to camp. It's something that we've done quite frequently throughout our relationship and it's one of our favorite things to do together. I can't believe I didn't think of using it as a theme before! Photos and s'mores... what could be more perfect?!

So after a few nights scouring Pinterest, I came up with this inspiration board.

I am absolutely in love with each and every detail. The great part is, we already own all of the supplies! No need to hunt for anything. Ahhh I can't wait!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment