Happy Independence Day!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

You may not believe me when I say it, but the 4th of July is my all-time favorite holiday!

I love everything about it. The cookouts with friends and family, the parades, the festive food, the fireworks, the stars and stripes - all of it! For me, there's just something really magical about it. 

When I was younger, I used to get so excited once July rolled around and I think a lot of my excitement stemmed from the fact that Independence Day is the last major holiday right before my birthday. I always knew that once the 4th arrived, a party celebrating all things Laura was right around the corner. 

Now, I'm not so excited about the birthday part (once you get past 21, they're not all that) but I still love the festivities of the 4th. 

Unfortunately, this year, because we are kind of stuck between homes, we won't be doing anything super festive. I always dreamed of having everyone over for a cookout and decking everything out in red, white, and blue but we really aren't prepared to do anything yet. Major bummer.

We do plan to try to uphold our St. Michaels tradition though, so I'll be sure to do a full post if we can make it this year! Hopefully there won't be a derecho or any other display of mother nature's fury standing in our way.

Even though I won't hosting a party featuring all things star-spangled, a girl can still dream right? I think so!

So instead, I collected a few cute and festive ideas I found on Pinterest that maybe I will be able to use next year!
Enjoy your 4th and I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday! Happy Birthday America!

2 comments:

  1. Yet another reason why I think we are twins -- the 4th is my favorite holiday too!! I wanted to host a cookout, but thought about it way too late, so hopefully next year and we can swap ideas! I especially love the mantle decorations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so true!! I'm beginning to think we were separated at birth!

      And that sounds great! We'll definitely have to do it up big next year! :)

      Delete