We're Back - with Peanut Butter Fudge Cake!

Monday, July 22, 2013

There's nothing I hate more than the Monday following a vacation.

If I could skip this day altogether I would. I'm trying to take it easy today so I won't be too traumatized.

Our vacation was an absolute blast! I can't wait to re-cap it all this week.

Our drive home wasn't great but we got back on Saturday with enough time to celebrate my birthday at my parents' house. (After this experience, I just have to say... don't EVER take an 11 hour road trip on your birthday - not fun.)

We had a delicious salmon dinner made lovingly by my mama. And, as I requested, she made the most decadent chocolate peanut butter fudge cake of all time.

Since I'm trying to keep things easy today, I thought I'd kick off the week by sharing the cake recipe.

Enjoy and Happy Monday!

[via]

Peanut Butter Fudge Cake

Ingredients

For the cake:
1 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoon oil

For the icing:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
6 tablespoons buttermilk
1 pound box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
To make the cake, combine butter, cocoa, water, buttermilk, and eggs. Stir constantly over low heat until the mixture bubbles. Mix sugar, flour, and baking soda. Pour the hot mixture over the flour mixture and beat until creamy. Add the vanilla.

Spread the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan. While the cake is cooling, mix the peanut butter and oil. Spread evenly over top of the cooled cake the in pan.

To make the icing, combine and heat together the butter, cocoa, and buttermilk. Put the box of sugar in a large bowl and stir in the hot mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread the icing on top of the peanut butter layer and serve.

2 comments: