Berry Picking at Rock Hill

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

This past weekend, Mike and I took a trip out to Rock Hill Orchard in Mt. Airy to pick some berries. We usually don't travel out there until the fall to pick apples and pumpkins but once I found out that they had other fresh vegetables and fruits available to pick, I couldn't resist.

It was probably the most beautiful afternoon I've had in a while. The weather was gorgeous and it wasn't crowded at all. We had the fields almost to ourselves!
We picked blackberries, raspberries, and a few late strawberries but they also had all kinds of vegetables, herbs and flowers available, too.
Mike really wanted to pick some kale but I think the only reason he was so excited was because they gave you a cool clipper tool to use. Such a guy.
Hahaha lovely.

The rows of flowers in the front field had literally hundreds of butterflies fluttering around them. It was so gorgeous and unfortunately, I only had my iPhone to take pictures. Bummer.
We really had a great time and if there are any local You-Pick farms in your area, I highly recommend paying them a visit. It's such a peaceful way to spend the morning or the afternoon and it's always great to support the local farms. Plus you get to walk away with some truly fresh produce right from the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment