Fall Bucket List

Thursday, August 15, 2013

After waking up this morning and stepping outside to temperatures in the 60s, I've had one thing on my mind: FALL.
Summer is beginning to fade and before I know it, the leaves will be changing, pumpkin spice lattes will be back, and I'll be craving Thanksgiving food. Most of our days this summer were filled with boxes and packing tape instead of sun and sand and it makes me a little sad to think that we sort of missed out. Part of me wishes that we could have a do-over and get the chance to sneak in a little bit more of the warm weather. Maybe just long enough for me to get a tan turn a darker shade of pale.

Since we didn't really get a chance to do a whole lot this summer, I really don't want to miss out on all of the awesome festivities that fall has to offer. I refuse to let another season go by where I sit back and watch everyone else posting pictures and talking about all of the fun they're having while I make yet another chore list. I'm hoping that with this little Fall bucket list we can make up for our lame-ish summer. I saw this idea over on Karla's blog and thought it might be fun to make one of my own!

1. Hand out Halloween candy! This will be the first time ever that we get to give out candy on Halloween to all of the kids in our neighborhood. I know it probably seems like I'm a freak but this is one of the first things I got excited about when we bought our house. We finally live in a neighborhood where there will be lots of trick-or-treaters and I can't wait!

2. Make butternut squash soup. I found a few awesome recipes that I've been dying to try.

3. Go to a fall festival. There are tons of festivals and fairs all around Maryland and I think it might be fun to take a little day trip to visit one. Last fall we went to St. Michaels and had a ton of fun. Whether we go there or somewhere closer, I think it'll be a great way to spend an afternoon.

4. Try two fall Pinterest crafts. I'm stealing this one from Karla. I am the type of Pinner that finds all of this awesome DIY stuff but never does any of it. I really want to challenge myself to make a couple of the neat decor projects I've pinned. And I don't have any fall decorations so this is definitely a good place to start.

5. Have a bonfire. I have been wanting a fire pit since forever so whether we buy one, make our own, or I dig a hole, throw in some sticks and call it a day,  it's gonna happen. S'mores, hot apple cider, and good friends all sitting outside around the fire? My idea of fall perfection!

6.  Go to a Ravens game. Technically, I'm just putting this on here because I know it's already going to happen but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited about checking it off. To me, fall means football and I am so ready to see our boys in action!

7. Volunteer. Whether at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, or through our church, I really want to try to give back this year. I'm so thankful to be blessed with a wonderful husband, a loving family, a roof over my head, and a job I love and I think it's important to remember that not everyone can say the same. This fall I'd love to take some time for service and help those less fortunate.

8. Take a hike. Fall has always been my favorite time to hike. I just love the views with all the trees lit up in fiery autum colors. Hopefully we'll be able to head back to Cunningham Falls to check out some of the other trails they have.

9. Watch Hocus Pocus, The Great Pumpkin, and other fall favorites! This one is pretty self explanatory. After all, you can't have fall without seeing some of the classics!

No comments:

Post a Comment