Longwood Gardens

Friday, August 30, 2013

Last weekend, we bought a Groupon for Longwood Gardens and spent the afternoon and evening up in Pennsylvania enjoying all that the gorgeous grounds had to offer.

Everyone that had told me about Longwood had raved about it, so I was so excited to explore.

I seriously wish we could live there, the place is so incredible! We had one of the most beautiful Friday night dates walking through the rows and rows of incredible flowers, gardens full of fountains, forests of exotic and native plants and trees, the treehouse, the Conservatory - we hit it all! We even stayed after it got dark to see the fountains all lit up for their weekend show. We got a seat above the gardens and watched as the whole place came to life to the sounds of Tchaikovsky. It was breathtaking.

If you are in the area and looking for a place to spend a few hours or even a whole day, I highly recommend Longwood. There is so much to explore and they even have a restaurant!

Mike and I are planning a trip back this winter to see it decorated for Christmas. I honestly think I want to try to make a trip up during each season to see how it changes and what is in bloom throughout the year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment