Power Cooking

Monday, August 5, 2013

Our Power Cooking Day was a huge success!

We worked our tails off cooking from 10AM until about 5PM but enjoyed every minute!

I met my mom on Saturday morning just before 10:00 and as soon as I got there, we started setting everything out to prepare for our food extravaganza.
After unloading and making a plan for what to tackle first, we stepped back to look at all of our supplies. I couldn't believe it when we discovered we had over 30 chicken breasts and almost 10 pounds of ground beef to cook!
It was a lot of food but we worked really well together and had a lot of fun doing it.
My favorite part was making the fresh pesto. Oh man, was it incredible. We actually had to force ourselves to stop eating it so that we would have enough for the meals.
For her four meals, my mom chose to make her Ground Beef Stock (used for spaghetti sauces, sloppy joes, tacos, etc.), Balsamic Chicken, Mexican Chicken, and Honey Glazed Pork Chops.

The house smelled delicious!
It was a really long day but it felt really good to get ahead of the game. In the end, we each walked away with 10 meals instead of 8 because some of the recipes made more than we expected.
Needless to say my freezer is stuffed. I can't wait to try one of the meals this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment