Weekend in Review

Monday, August 19, 2013

For the first time in a while, our plans for the weekend were not entirely focused on getting something done around the house.

On Friday night, I got the chance to have dinner with one of my best friends. We went to a diner in Annapolis and as usual, got breakfast for dinner. This has pretty much become the usual with us. Everywhere we go, no matter what time of day we meet up, we always end up eating breakfast food. And of course, splitting something chocolate-y and decadent at the end. I don't often get a lot of girl time so it was great catching up!

Saturday morning Mike and I were up bright and early. The 5:30 AM kind of bright and early...
I am almost never up before the sun but there was a particularly gorgeous sunrise that morning so that made me a little less grumpy.

We headed out to Manchester for the River Valley Run at the River Valley Ranch. Mike has run the 10K for the last three or four years and it's always a tough race. Even though this course is shorter than his usual half marathons, it's actually more challenging since it's a trail race. This means lots of rocks, hills, fallen trees, mud and other obstacles to navigate.
The whole ranch is so peaceful. I love going to watch every year. Mike has tried to get me to race for the last couple of years but I think being a spectator is much more enjoyable!

After the race, we hung out around the house for most of the day. We got a little bit of work done but mostly napped and enjoyed the afternoon.

That evening, we headed into Baltimore with my parents to see the O's take on the Rockies and it was a blast! We got dinner down there and then cheered the O's on to a big win! We even got on the big screen thanks to my friend from college that works at the stadium.
Sunday was a bit quieter. Mike had his guitar lesson early in the afternoon and we worked around the yard a little after Kathy brought over some of the bushes from Grammy's yard. The bushes would have gone to the dump so we thought our side gardens would be a great spot to transplant them.

It made us feel good that we were able to save some of Grammy's plants and bring them to new life at our new home. It feels kind of like we have another little piece of her here with us.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Monday hasn't been too harsh!

No comments:

Post a Comment