Blogtember Day 12: Life Lately

Monday, September 23, 2013

Challenge: Life lately.

Considering that I skipped the last three blogtember challenge posts, I think it's safe to say that things have been pretty hectic for me lately.

With "Grant Season" beginning I've been a little overwhelmed.

Most of my days at work have been spent here.
And most of the time I sit there like this...
But the work keeps coming and the numbers can't crunch themselves, so I'm forced to analyze data whether I like it or not.

Aside from pulling my hair out at work, things have been lovely.

Our one year anniversary was yesterday and we spent the day relaxing mostly. I went over to my parents' house for a few hours in the afternoon to watch the Ravens beat up on the Texans (which made the day even better) while Mike set up at home for a little surprise he had planned.

When I got home that evening, he greeted me in the driveway and led me to the back yard. When I stepped through the fence, I was surprised to find a beautiful homemade candlelit dinner he had set up.
On the table was a blue glass vase that he had made himself at a local glassblowing shop. I was absolutely stunned! I hope that we can go back sometime so that I can learn the process too!
We exchange a few small gifts and broke out our wedding cake. We only took a small bite but I was surprised to find it really wasn't that bad!

The rest of the night was spent relaxing and watching the Emmys. It was very low key but it was exactly what I needed.

As the days get crazier and crazier, I am more thankful for the sweet, quiet evenings I get to spend with my love.

8 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, love your design! That vase is beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary :-) It only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I saw your instagram of the vase, but WOW! He made that at a glassblowing shop?! I'm so impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know I was impressed too! I didn't believe him when he told me at first but then he explained all about how the process works.. I want to try it now!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect night! He's a keeper, I think. Setting up that dinner for you? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was nice :) I hope we get an outdoor patio set soon so that we can enjoy more dinners out there!

      Delete