Blogtember Day 13: Dominion Ice Cream

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Challenge: Review a book, place, or product.

It's funny to me that I'm choosing to review a place that I haven't visited in almost two years, but I can tell you honestly, I've been dying to go back ever since my last trip.

[via]

In the heart of Baltimore, there is a unique little ice cream shop called Dominion Ice Cream and after just my first visit to the shop in Charles Village, I was hooked.

Since they opened in 2006, they've grown quite popular. They've been voted Baltimore's Best Healthy Ice Cream, featured on the Food Network, and have also appeared on the new HBO Series "Veep."

So what's the thing that makes Dominion's ice cream so different from other frozen treats? Their vegetable ice cream flavors.

Yes, I said vegetable.

Now, I know people might think that veggies and ice cream shouldn't really go together, but I tell you, the folks at Dominion know how to do it right.


They have all sorts of interesting flavors including sweet potato, spinach, carrot, butternut squash, sweet corn, cucumber, beet, and red cabbage. Each scoop is only 100 calories and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. There's nothing like enjoying some delicious ice cream and feeling no guilt about it!

Even people who don't like vegetables can enjoy Dominion's ice cream since the vegetable flavors are totally hidden. Well, with the exception of a few flavors like sweet corn, cucumber, and butternut squash (which are delicious by the way) but even with those, the vegetable flavors are very subtle and they are sweet so it still tastes like dessert. Of course, for those who are less adventurous, they do have traditional flavors as well.

The ice cream at Dominion is some of the creamiest I've ever tasted and it's definitely a place that I would recommend checking out if you're in the area.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never heard of this! Definitely going to have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's so worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good ice cream shop! We have 2 really close to our house. YUM! I use to live in NOVA! (: Not Baltimore I know. lol

    ReplyDelete