Blogtember Day 14: Mistakes

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Challenge: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.

[via]

Mistakes.

I'm all too familiar with them.

That time I decided to let my best friend cut my hair and try to give me cute little "wispy" bangs like she had? Yea, not my best choice.

That year I thought that my cucumber-watermelon scented roll-on eye glitter would look fantastic in my school photo? The glare made it I look like I had a skin condition that was strangely limited to just my eyelids.

How about that time in middle school when I entered the talent show to perform a dance that my friend and I choreographed ourselves, only she was a competitive dancer and I was anything but... I'll just say it didn't quite turn out the way I had pictured it.

And my poor decision making skills weren't only limited to my adolescent years...

Last week I mistakenly replied to an email divulging personal information to our entire division instead of the single recipient I had intended to share it with.

Just this morning, when I got into work I discovered that I had accidentally stored some brand new reagents we received in the fridge instead of the freezer rendering them completely useless. There goes $600 down the drain.

Now I could easily sit here and whine and cry about all of the times I've screwed up. Yes, some of them are embarrassing and most of them are things I wish I could have done differently, but no matter how much I wish I could erase the past, I'll never be able to change it.  And chances are, tomorrow, I'm going to do something else that's pretty dumb.

While I do try to avoid making mistakes, I've learned to accept the fact that I'm human. And that I can't change that either.

I am imperfect. I have weaknesses. I don't always make the best choices. And my mistakes show only that. It's not the end of the world.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Making mistakes is part of life unfortunately for me too but at least we get some funny stories to tell from it right? Love the fact that you can't change the fact that you are human!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Enough stories for a lifetime! Haha :)

      Delete