Blogtember Day 15: Falling In Love at a Coffee Shop

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Challenge: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop.


I thought this song was all too appropriate for today's post.

As I sit here at the window in this cozy little coffee shop, typing away and sipping my caramel latte on a gorgeous day like today, I can't help but feel incredibly fulfilled.

Even though I had a terribly rough morning and these last few weeks have been trying mercilessly to tear me down and break me with all of the weight and stress that they've brought with them, I still feel so incredibly blessed.

There are so many things to be grateful for. So many things to appreciate. And today, I am taking a moment to recognize them.

Every year, as the fall sweeps in I feel myself breathing deeper. There's just something about autumn that gives me great pause. And with the summer fading, I find myself falling in love with life all over again.

I love...

...the tiny little colored leaves littering the cobblestone streets outside this big window.

...how the air is crisp and clear but the sun is still so warm and bright.

...waking up on a chilly Saturday morning to pumpkin spice in my coffee and endless cuddles with my husband.

...how life feels fresh and new.

...realizing that no matter what happens, the world keeps spinning and I will always have an amazing group of people here to support me.

...how this season reminds me to give thanks and to show gratitude for all I've been given.

"When autumn comes, it doesn't ask. It just walks in where you left it last. You never know when it starts, until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart." - John Mayer
  

No comments:

Post a Comment