Blogtember Day 6: Turning Point

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Challenge: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

For me, a major turning point in my life came when I met my husband. I know a lot of people probably say they were changed forever the moment they met the love of their life, but for me, the same is true.

I had just finished my junior year in college and I had just gone through a pretty rocky break-up a few months earlier. After that relationship ended, I had promised myself that I would take time to focus only on myself and not jump into another relationship. But of course, fate had other plans.

After meeting Mike for the first time, I could instantly feel that my life was going to change for the good. I honestly felt like I had found the part of me I had been missing my entire life. Things with us were just simple and I had never felt that before. Effortless and unconditional love.

In all of my past relationships, even though I was happy for the most part, I had always still felt like something was missing – like I need to keep searching. I never really felt like I was fully content. Emotionally, I never let myself completely connect and I never truly let my guard down.

For the first time in my life, after meeting Mike, I felt like I was done searching. I felt like I had finally found my soul mate. I had found the person that I could give everything to and that wanted to do the same for me.

It was the best and most pivotal moment in my life.

From there, we’ve been able to grow together and learn from each other every day. I am so in love with him and I am so grateful for all that he does for me. I would be no one without his support and love. It excites me to see what our future holds and the ways we continue to grow in love for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment