Never Forget.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It’s hard to believe that it was 12 years ago today that our nation was attacked. I was 12 years old.
Half of my life ago, on this day, I was scared out of my mind. I didn’t understand everything that was going on, but I could still see the dust and dirt, the pain and the tears, the shock and the fear, the questions and the uncertainty that covered the faces of thousands of New Yorkers and Americans alike on that tragic day.
While I will never forget the horror that 9/11 brought, I will also never forget the patriotism and unity that grew thereafter. I will never forget the heroism of those in uniform who searched for days and weeks on end, sorting through the rubble for a life to save. I will never forget the civilians who came together, from all races, religions, and walks of life to lend support to those in need. I will never forget.
Today, my thoughts and prayers are with all of those who lost loved ones on and after 9/11. In honor of those lives, take a few moments today to reflect and remember.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I was 12, too and never really thought about how it is been half of my life since it happened. It feels like yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing to think that much time has passed! I was completely surprised when I realized I was 12 when it happened.

      Delete