That Time of Year...

Friday, September 20, 2013

There’s only been one thing standing in the way of me and my blog this week and that horrible, terrible, awful thing is what I like to call GRANT SEASON.
Right now, as I type this, the halls and offices of my workplace are filled with PhDs, MDs, fellows, and technicians frantically working away crunching numbers, compiling data, and attempting to create wonderfully convincing stories to present to the NIH in hopes of gaining funding for all sorts of exciting medical research.
Typically around this time of year, things start getting busy as everyone is trying to rush to complete their projects so that they have good data to submit in time for review. It really kicks into high gear as the end of the year gets closer but for our lab, we’ve been going full throttle starting this week. We have two major grants to write and a paper to get published before we hit 2014 so I don’t see things slowing down anytime soon.
With all of the chaos, I will unfortunately be skipping the last few days that I missed of the Blogtember challenge BUT, I do plan on picking back up again on Monday.
Of course, since our first anniversary is Sunday (ahhh, so excited!!), I am thinking about doing a little post then, too.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Friday!

2 comments: