101 in 1001

Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Friday guys!

I woke up this morning feeling really excited. I mean, like ridiculously excited. Like I jumped out of bed and turned on some music and danced around my room kind of excited. Why? It's Friday and fall is here and everything is beautiful and I just can't contain my excitement for the holidays and LIFE IS GOOD! Who knows what has gotten into me but I love it. I hope this mood decides to stick around!

Since I'm feeling so good today, it seems like the perfect time to introduce something completely new and exciting for my little blog. Something that I've seen a lot of other bloggers tackle and I've always wanted to try myself. Today, I am starting my very own Day Zero project!
I'm sure most of you know exactly what this is but for those that don't, here's how it works. The challenge is to set 101 tasks each to be completed over a period of 1001 days. The tasks are supposed to be achievable, yet challenging. I've created a new tab up top to keep track of my progress. My plan is to blog about each of the tasks as I complete them.

While 1001 days seems like a long time, I know in the back of my mind that it's going to fly by. Life tends to do that sometimes. This challenge will hopefully help me to learn to step outside of my comfort zone and experience things that I otherwise wouldn't, or even things that I've always wanted to try but never really had an excuse.

Start Date: October 18, 2013
End Date: July 15, 2016

For the Home
1. Put in a garden space
2. Build a "salad table"
3. Landscape the front and back yard
4. Install a fire pit
5. Re-pave the driveway
6. Buy a hammock
7. Design and start finishing the basement
8. Create an art gallery wall
9. Prepare and emergency kit
10. Get some house plants
11. Organize the hall closets (0/2)
12. Organize the pantry
13. Finish decorating living room
14. Finish decorating dining room
15. Meet with a financial advisor to plan for future

Mind, Body, & Soul
16. Find a good yoga practice and stick with it
17. Drink 8 glasses of water every day for a week
18. Buy a bike and use it
19. Run a 5k
20. Get my mile time under 10 minutes
21. Get a massage
22. Create a meditation space at home
23. Go to church every Sunday for at least a month
24. Write down 3 things I’m grateful for every night for a month
25. Do yoga every morning for a week
26. Try Zumba

Adventure & Travel
27. Hike part of the Appalachian trail
28. Visit my sloth babies in Costa Rica
29. Take another cruise
30. Stay in the tree houses in Washington State
31. Finally see the White House
32. Take a week in the Whittaker Maine cottage
33. Camp in our own back yard
34. Get a stamp on my passport
35. Ride in a hot air balloon
36. Go to a drive-in movie theater
37. See a Broadway show
38. Be a tourist in my own city (Annapolis)
39. Be a tourist in my own city (Baltimore)

Crafty
40. Learn to knit
41. Learn to use a sewing machine
42. Sew myself a dress
43. Make curtains for the living room
44. Complete 5 projects found on Pinterest (0/5)
45. Frame a large map to track our travels

Foodie Adventures
46. Learn to make sushi
47. Make crème brulee
48. Throw a themed dinner party
49. Make homemade bread from scratch
50. Make homemade pasta from scratch
51. Make homemade jam
52. Grow a vegetable garden
53. Grow an herb garden
54. Make every single thing in a cookbook
55. Learn to can
56. Try Indian food
57. Try 10 new foods (0/10)
58. Organize recipes
59. Pack a lunch for work every day for 4 weeks
60. Visit 10 new wineries in Maryland (0/10)
61. Design a “Food Passport” with at least 50 trendy new places to eat in the area

Art & Photography
62. Learn to use my DSLR in “manual”
63. Take a photography class
64. Buy and frame a nice piece of art
65. Sort through and organize all digital photos
66. Back up photos on external hard drive
67. Frame 5 of my own photos (0/5)
68. Make a yearly photo book (0/2)

Just For Me
69. Go back for my master’s degree
70. Find the perfect Little Black Dress
71. Successfully French braid my own hair
72. Get my second tattoo
73. Open an Etsy shop
74. Take figure-skating lessons
75. Take classes to learn American sign language
76. Learn to shoot a handgun
77. Learn to drive stick
78. Buy a new alarm clock
79. Be able to get up consistently at 7:00AM for a week
80. Start and finish at least the first Harry Potter book
81. Clean out my closet and donate everything that doesn’t fit

For Others
82. Donate blood for the first time
83. Adopt a family for Christmas
84. Leave a 100% tip
85. Do a run/walk for charity
86. Send someone flowers for no particular reason
87. Volunteer with a community group
88. Make a treat for our neighbors and personally deliver them
89. Pay for the person behind me in a Starbucks drive-thru
90. Send 10 hand written letters to people I care about (0/10)

Go without
91. Eating out for a month
92. TV for a month
93. Checking Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for a week

Just for Fun
94. Spend a rainy day watching nothing but home movies
95. Buy and restore a piece of furniture from a flea market
96. Have a bonfire
97. Adopt a puppy
98. Watch IMDB Top 100 (0/100)
99. Listen to the Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time (0/500)
100. Read 30 new books on my GoodReads List (0/30)
101. Complete this list and blog about each task

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am currently doing one and only have something like 250 days left! I took it off my blog but I still have the list on the DZ website and am still working on it. It's so much fun :) Good luck reaching your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too! With 250 days left, I'm sure you've completed quite a bit, that's awesome :)

      Delete