A visit from the Queen

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

YOU GUYS.

The greatest thing happened to me today. Literally the greatest thing. Okay, well, maybe the greatest culinary thing.

I ate food for the very first time from a food truck! And not just any food truck... The Gypsy Queen!
All I can say is that it literally was one of the most wonderful experiences my tastebuds and I have ever had.

So many people have recommended Gypsy Queen and when I walked up the main hospital steps this morning and saw the big gorgeous green and purple truck, I flipped out. I was so overly excited I danced up and down the halls of my department telling everyone in all the other labs. It was like Christmas morning for me and honestly, I don't know if it was because I had heard the food was so good, or the fact that I was finally getting to visit a food truck, or that there was another food truck selling cupcakes right next to it. But I couldn't contain myself! Even though I brought my own lunch, there was no way I was going to stick to my mediocre Mexican chicken leftovers when the QUEEN was parked in front of our building!

There was a bit of a line when we went outside for lunch but it surprisingly moved pretty quickly. They were actually really efficient at taking and completing orders despite the large crowd.

My friend and co-worker, Ruth, recommended the Curried Basil Falafel and HO. LY. CRAP. It was delicious! The sauce was seriously the best part. I could have eaten twenty of them. They also have this super cool dish (and it seems to be their most popular, too) called the Crab Cone. It is literally a crab cake, topped with some kind of delicious sauce, sitting on top of a bed of crispy Old Bay fries all packaged neatly inside a giant waffle cone... aka HEAVEN.

They stop at locations all around the city of Baltimore on different days of the week, so if you're ever in the area, I totally recommend giving them a try!

Oh and I also realized that these guys were on my food passport! What a great place to start!

Food Passport Stop #18 - The Gypsy Queen (food truck) - CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment