Food Passport

Monday, October 21, 2013

Tackling my first item on my 101 in 1001 list today!
[via]
First up, #61 Design a “Food Passport” with at least 50 trendy new places to eat in the area.

I got this idea originally from Pinterest (where else?) but a couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a pretty awesome "How-To" tutorial here. So if you're interested in creating one of your own, go check it out!

The goal is to make a list of all kinds of restaurants that you've never been to or ones you've wanted to try so that over time, you can keep track and check them off as you visit. It seems like it'll be really helpful, especially on those nights when I have no idea what to make for dinner or when we want to go out to eat somewhere fun but don't want to grab our usual grub. I've actually been working on this project for about a week. I realize now that this might be cheating since I already had this task completed before I even started the 101 in 1001 challenge. (I'm totally one of those people who will put something on my to-do list after I've already done it just to cross it off and feel accomplished.) Hmmm... Oh well!

Besides, it's not like I will complete the entire food passport in the 1001 days anyway.

Here is my ridiculously large list: 
1. Johnny Rad’s Pizzeria tavern
2. Henninger’s Tavern
3. SoBo Café
4. Grano Emporio
5. The Brewer’s Art
6. Tio Pepe
7. Nacho Mamas
8. Joe Squared
9. Pabu
10. Artifact Coffee
11. Peter’s Inn
12. Pazo
13. Annabel Lee Tavern
14. Red Red Wine Bar
15. 13.5% Wine Bar
16. City Café
17. Tapas Teatro
18. The Gypsy Queen (food truck)
19. Blue Moon Cafe
20. Charleston
21. Ouzo Bay
22. Woodberry Kitchen
23. Fleet Street Kitchen
24. The Black Olive
25. The Oregon Grille
26. Sotto Sopra
27. Thames Street Oyster House
28. Samos
29. Maggie’s Farm
30. Manor Tavern
31. Birroteca
32. Lewnes’ Steakhouse
33. Blue Hill Tavern
34. The Milton Inn
35. Fork & Wrench
36. Corner BYOB
37. The Olive Room
38. B Bistro
39. Mr. Rain’s Fun House
40. Tersiguel’s French Country Restaurant
41. Vaccaro’s Italian Pastry (Little Italy)
42. Ann’s Dari Cream
43. RA Sushi Bar
44. Salt
45. Helmand
46. Petra Café
47. Petit Louis
48. Clementine
49. Amicci’s
50. Ambassador Restaurant
51. Stang of Siam
52. The Lebanese Tavern
53. One World Café
54. Indigma
55. Gertrude’s (BMA)
56. G & M’s
57. Loco Hombre
58. Le garage
59. Luigi Petti Restaurant
60. Vida Taco Bar
61. Waterfront Kitchen
62. Chick & Ruth’s
63. Parts & Labor
64. Chart House
65. Vin 909
66. The Treaty of Paris
67. Lemongrass
68. Galway Bay Irish pub
69. Osteria 177
70. Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge

Yes, I literally have 70 places I want to visit. I know that's a lot, but when it comes to food, I can't help but want to try it all. Almost all of them are completely new to me. A couple of them I have been to before but haven't visited in years, so I'd like to try them again.

What's funny is that I really didn't think there would be this many cool places to eat around here. When I started doing a little research and asking co-workers and friends, I quickly realized that I was dead wrong. My goal for this little list is to try and visit one or two of these places a month (mostly for date nights with the hubster) and report back here about our experiences. I think it will be a great change of pace for us since we tend to eat at the same places over and over again. Our date nights recently have become pretty habitual and usually involve ordering pizza and renting a movie from Redbox. It will be nice to get out of the house and try some new and hopefully delicious food!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! My husband and I are always wanting to try new, local restaurants. I'm constantly searching Urbanspoon and Yelp in a hurry. This would make it so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice to have them all in one place! That way, you do the leg work in the beginning and then just get to enjoy the food later! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I can't wait to read your reviews. I have been to the Manor Tavern (my family loves that place) and Galway Bay Irish pub, both are really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute way to keep track. My goal is to eat on all the places along the main street where I live. It is a really long and ever changing list. Now I want to make a passport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl after my own heart! Houston's biggest food critic does a top 100 list every year and I am trying to get to as many of those as I can. It's a challenge but the best kind!

    ReplyDelete