I've got Sunshine, on a cloudy day

Friday, October 11, 2013

So yesterday, as I was reading through some of the posts from the awesome blogs that I follow, I came across Allison's page from over at The Bauble Dept. (one of my favorite blogs, by the way - go check her out!) and found that she had nominated me for a Sunshine Award! Thank you so much, Allison, for the nomination!

I feel so grateful to have met so many wonderful and inspiring ladies through the blogosphere and I hope to continue to expand on these relationships and meet many more incredible bloggers for years to come!

Now onto the questions... Here goes!

1. Do you have a hidden talent?
Hmmm... weird answer? I'm double jointed in my elbows, knees, and most fingers. Not really a talent, I know. Serious answer? I'm strangely good at giving advice and counseling people. Funny though, because I'm not very good at applying it in my own life.

2. What movie have you seen more times than you can count?
It's a tie between Singin' In the Rain and Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've always been a bit obsessed with Gene and Audrey. Whenever I'm having a bad day, these are my go-to flicks for sure.

3. What cliche or saying best describes your life? (ex: Third time's a charm, all dressed up and nowhere to go... find more here.)
Better late than never. All day, every day. 

4. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?
THE SLOTHS! I've pretty much been obsessed since forever and whenever we go to the aquarium in Baltimore, I pretty much camp out just so I can catch a glimpse of their adorable, sleepy slowness! I can't wait to visit the sloth sanctuary on our future trip to Costa Rica!

5. Spring or Fall?
Fall!

6. Who is you favorite fictional heroine?
Either Jane Austen's Elizabeth Bennet because she's such a classic choice and one of the feistiest women in literature or Aibeleen Clark from The Help.

7. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Probably their eyes. They say a lot about a person.

8. What is your favorite sound?
I actually have lots of these so it's kind of hard to choose. The sound of an old typewriter, thunder, a crackling campfire... they're all so soothing. 

9. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, actually. I was named after my Aunt Laura (my dad's sister) who died tragically at the age of 18 and she was named after my great-grandmother, Laura. 

10. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far?
I would have to say landing a job at Hopkins. It's such an incredible place to work and it amazes me every day how truly inspiring this institution is. There are so many driven, intelligent, and caring people here, I can't imagine working anywhere else.

11. What was the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
My husband has always been there for me through all of the tough stuff and so I'd have to say that the things he does, both big and small, are the nicest anyone has ever done for me. Sometimes after a hard day, I'll walk through the door to a homemade meal, a glass of wine, and my favorite dessert and it's these thoughtful gestures that really mean the most to me.

And my nominees are...
Alicia @ The Finding Years
Jenn @ A Country Girl's World
Gentel @ Anchored To Love
Claudz @ Purple Lips and Perfect Smiles
Tabitha @ Wandering Java Lover

Your questions:
1. How long have you been blogging and what has been your favorite thing about your experience so far?
2. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite type of Halloween candy?
4. Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what costume did you choose?
5. Aside from blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What are the top three items on your "Bucket List?"
8. Name your celebrity crush.
9. Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous?
10. What would you say is your best feature?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Thanks girl!!! I will definitely be answering your questions on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete