Never Have I Ever

Thursday, October 10, 2013

[via]

Where did all of this rain come from? I was really starting to enjoy the fall weather and now I'm just feeling cold and washed out. The weatherman said this morning that it's supposed to rain all through the weekend. Ugh, how depressing.

Anyway, today I'm linking up with Amanda over at The Ladie Okie to share all the things I've never done. Some of them may come as a shock to you so brace yourself!

Never have I ever...

1. Read any of the Harry Potter Books. Yes, I know, you can pick your jaw up off of the floor now. I don't know what it is but for some reason, any series that has been super popular has never really interested me. Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games... I haven't read any of them. Maybe it's because they are popular and I hate doing what everyone else is doing. Honestly though, from what everyone has told me, I'm starting to feel like I really missed out on some great literature...

2. Broken a bone. **knock on wood**

3. Been in a relationship with a guy that didn't drive a stick shift AND play the guitar. I know this is an odd combination but it really is true. It's not like I had a list of requirements for the guys I dated or anything but somehow it seems I had a weakness for men who could not only handle a manual transmission but could also serenade me with my favorite acoustic songs. Just a strange coincidence, I guess!

4. Dyed my hair. I'm happy to say that I have virgin locks! I've never done anything to my hair except cut it and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can!

5. Purchased a designer handbag. I just can't get past the idea of spending that much money on something just to carry all of my junk around. I tend to be the kind of person who can't have nice things because I'm so clumsy that I ruin them. I mean look at my handbag track record... I've had my lip gloss explode in the side pocket, left the cap off of my pen to find doodles all over the inside lining, and I once even dropped a full mocha frappe top down into my purse. Sorry Louis Vuitton, we're just not meant to be.

8 comments:

  1. So funny! A lot of people have never broken a bone or read HP! So weird. I've never broken a bone either. Holler! I'm so with you on #5 too. I would LOVE a Coach purse, but I just can't do it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I have to say, I don't recommend Twilight or really the Hunger Games either, I do recommend that you give HP a try. It's such a great series. I also have never dyed my hair and I don't plan to until I start getting super grey. I feel the same way about handbags. Josh bought me my first coach purse for my birthday and I am so scared that I'm going to mess it up or get it dirty because I am super klutz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear.. at least I'm not missing out on much. I'm thinking over the holidays that I will try the first HP and see how I feel! :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh, the rain! I agree, it totally dampens my excitement for fall weather. That's so funny about your stick shift/guitar combo! I don't think you're missing out on any great literature by skipping Twilight or Hunger Games, but they were kind of fun to read. I started the Harry Potter series way back, but I've been thinking about finally finishing it here lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think I'm going to try picking up the first HP soon to see if I like it. I hope you're enjoying GoodReads! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha! I agree with #5. It's really just not my thing and I'd rather spend my money on books and ice cream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha books and ice cream sound MUCH better to me too! :)

      Delete