Five on Friday

Friday, November 8, 2013

I have been a pretty crappy blogger this week. I had a lot planned for posting at the beginning of the week but somehow, life just got in the way. I find it's been doing that more and more lately.

Today has been a crazy day for me at work so I am going to keep this short and sweet with a few photos of some of the incredible fall foliage I've seen lately and my little list of thankful things. Have a beautiful weekend!


1. Mother nature. I am continually reminded of her beauty as we move from season to season and it's astonishing to me how often I can forget how lucky we are to live on a planet as incredible as this. Maybe I'm just noticing it more this year but I really feel like the leaves are a bit brighter than they have been for the last couple of years. Or maybe it's just that I'm finally slowing down enough to take a few moments to really soak it all in. Either way, I am thankful.

2. My husband. If it weren't for him, I don't know how I would have gotten through this week. It's been very hectic for me at work and coming home to him every night has been the highlight of each day. Even though we had a million and one things to accomplish around the house before the heater gets installed on Monday, he's been so flexible and allowed me to relax and blow off steam when I needed to.

3. My job. Despite the fact that things have been pretty chaotic recently, I am so grateful to have a job that I love. My boss, my co-workers, my trainees, and everyone that I come in contact on campus every day have truly made this a place that I love coming to every week. It feels so good to have such a great support system and to know that what I am doing is bigger than myself. Even though we may not see the outcome tomorrow, or next week, or even a year from now, the research that we are conducting will benefit so many people and I am so fortunate to be a part of this team.

4. Life's challenges. It would be so simple for me to sit here and complain about the stress that I've been under this week and the obstacles I know are ahead of me in the coming weeks but instead, I am choosing to see these challenges in a positive light. Without them, I would not have learned that I really am capable of handling big responsibilities. These challenges have taught me so much about myself and helped me to believe that I am a much stronger person than I had previously thought.

5. Hot showers and coffee. At the end of the day, when I've been beaten down and I don't think I can handle anything else, a hot shower and a cup of coffee just help me to get back to feeling human again. Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment