Easy Holiday Sangria

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Today I thought I'd share a little sangria recipe that I tried (and loved) over the holidays.

If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I love a good glass of wine. Over the last few years I've grown into quite the wine fanatic and it has quickly become my drink of choice no matter where I am. Parties, bars, clubs, relaxing in my jammies at home - vino is my go-to. Red or white, dry or sweet - it doesn't matter I seem to love them all.

Add a little fruit, fizz, and spice? I'M SO THERE.

[via]

Easy Holiday Sangria

Ingredients
1 pomegranate, seeded
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 pears
1/2 cup apple vodka or apple brandy (optional)
2 small apples - 1 red, 1 green
1 1/2 bottles red wine (Cabernet or Red Zinfandel work well)
2 cups ginger ale
1-inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large pitcher/medium bowl (for serving)

Directions
Core the apple and pear, and chop into bite-sized pieces. If using the apple vodka or brandy: Soak apple chunks in vodka or brandy for up to a few hours for an extra-boozy treat!

Combine the pear, apple (soaked or not), and cranberries in the pitcher or bowl and stir. Add pomegranate seeds, ginger chunks, and cinnamon on top. Add wine, and stir to combine.

If you have time, let sit for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, add the ginger ale and stir gently to distribute. To serve, scoop out some fruit into each cup before filling. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing! :) I love a good glass (or two) of sangria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Two is definitely better :)

      Delete