Feeling 16 again

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

For quite a few years now, (almost 9 to be exact) I have been trying to learn how to drive a manual vehicle. I have had a handful of different people try to teach me and for some reason it never stuck. So when I asked Mike to help me learn, I was determined to stay with it until I could actually drive out in normal traffic.

Over the last few weeks, we've been practicing in empty parking lots around our area and for the very first time on Saturday I drove all the way to my parents house ON THE REAL ROAD!!

I pretty much danced and giggled in excitement the entire way there and Mike thought I was crazy but I didn't care. I am so happy to be able to say that I can finally drive stick and check it off my 101 list!

#77 - Learn to drive stick.



YAYYY!! Happy Tuesday ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I tried to learn but it never stuck. I think it's something I should probably learn though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yea, I realized it can be difficult if you don't keep practicing. Fortunately, my husband has a manual so I just try to drive it a couple times a week to stay fresh.

      Delete