Thinking Spring

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Now that Christmas has come and gone and we have said goodbye to 2013 and hello to a brand new year, I'm starting to get a little impatient.

You see, I have this problem every year where once New Years passes, I am immediately sick of winter and ready for the warm weather to come back. During the holidays, the freezing cold and snowy weather is perfectly fine. To me, Christmas wouldn't feel right without it. But once we get past all of that, it absolutely depresses me to think that we still have roughly three whole months of sloppy, grey, dreary winter left. The only time I'm okay with this weather is if we get a good snow storm out of it, but that probably happens maybe once every few years if at all. They said we are in for a good winter this year, meaning lots of snow, so if that's the case, I'll be alright, but if not, you can bet I'll have one bad case of cabin fever by the time April rolls around.

In the mean time, I thought it might be fun to take advantage of the all the post-holiday sales and start gathering some fun things for when we start working in our yard this spring. We are planning to landscape the front and back yards a little and try to make them a fun place to kick back with our friends and family. We are looking to add a garden, plant a couple of trees, and even build a little firepit! I was more than a little excited with this recent purchase though, because I also got to cross something off my 101 list in the process!

#6 - Buy a hammock.


Check!

I am looking forward to putting this baby to use back by the pine trees we have along our fence. I am so tempted to go hang it out there now, grab some mittens, a blanket, a mug of hot chocolate, and snooze away! Who cares that it won't get above 45 degrees all week? Ha!

4 comments:

  1. Totally feeling the same way. From Thanksgiving to NYD it can be cold, after that, I am all about the warm weather! That hammock will be great once the warm weather does finally come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I just want things to be warm and green again!

      Delete
  2. I am SO with you on this! Now that the holidays are over, the warm weather can come on in. That hammock is so inviting, I'm going to try to talk my husband into getting me one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I can't wait for Spring to get here so I can relax out there with a nice cold drink and a book!

      Delete