Avocado Crab Meat Salad

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

In order to save money, Mike and I try hard not to eat out more than a few times a month. As a result, we pretty much brown-bag it five days a week for lunch. After we got married, I got in the habit of packing up our lunches every night so that we wouldn't spend so much going out with our co-workers every day. It's really easy to spend a lot when you haven't planned ahead and everyone else grabs take-out all the time.

That being said, I am always looking for creative ideas for meals that we can take to work. I tend to need a little variety throughout the week and I know Mike appreciates not having the same thing five days in a row. I like to throw in something more exciting than just a piece of fruit and a PB&J from time to time. As a native Marylander, I knew this recipe from Taste of Home would be a hit the moment I saw it. I am obsessed with avocado and what better is there to top it off than a huge pile of crab meat? Sprinkle it with a little old bay and I'm all over it!

To keep the avocado fresh, I don't cut it until I get to work. That way all I have to do is slice it in half and add the crab salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I mean, come on, look at this picture...

[via]

 Avocado Crab Meat Salad

Ingredients
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Paprika
1 lb crab meat, cooked
2 spring onions, diced
½ cup fine diced red onion
Salt & fresh ground black pepper
2 medium avocado halved and pitted

Directions
In a medium sized bowl combine the mayo, lime juice, cumin and paprika then add the crab meat, spring onions and red onion.  Mix well and season to taste. Cover and chill in the fridge if serving later.

Halve the 2 avocados and fill with the crab salad mixture.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment