Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins

Monday, March 3, 2014

I hope that someday soon I can write a post that doesn't begin "I'm off work today because of snow storm so-and-so..."

We've gotten about four inches so far of "Titan" and while it is pretty and I enjoy having a day off work, I really would just like the warmer temperatures to stick around. We're supposed to get another six inches so Mike and I are hunkered down with all of the animals at my parents' house. My mom and dad went down to Florida to visit my grandparents so we are house sitting for them.

We had a very cozy little morning with our coffee by the fire and I got to thinking how much better it would be if we had some tasty muffins to go with. I remembered a recipe that I had seen on one of my favorite blogs Marshalls Abroad for these Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins so I printed out the recipe and whipped them up.

They are in the oven now and they smell absolutely heavenly. Every recipe that I've tried of Amanda's has been delicious so I am sure that these will not disappoint.

Happy (hopefully last... ever...) Snow Day!

[via]

Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Topping

Ingredients
2 C fresh blueberries
1/2 lemon, squeezed juice + zest
1/2 C whole greek yogurt
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C olive oil
1 egg
1 C raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Topping:
1 tbs raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Whisk the egg with the olive oil and add in the greek yogurt. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and vanilla, until just combined. Be careful not to stir too much or your muffins may collapse once out of the oven! Gently fold in the fresh blueberries with the squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest.  Fill a greased muffin pan with the batter at about 3/4 full for each cup. Be generous as you sprinkle on the topping on each muffin, and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until you can place a toothpick in the middle of a muffin and it comes out dry. My muffin pan made 12; a reader said her's made 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment