Half Way There

Thursday, March 27, 2014

[via]
 
We are officially half way through Lent! I can taste the wine and hear the sound of notification alerts already!

Okay, not so much.

Because I guess the point of giving up alcohol and social media for 40 days doesn't mean I can go crazy when I get them back after Easter. But let's be honest for a second. WOW, do I miss wine. That is one thing I don't think I could ever give up indefinitely. I have even been staying away from it on Sundays (which is technically "cheat day") and it's much harder than I imagined.

It's funny though, I don't miss social media as much as I thought I would. After maybe the first week going cold turkey, I stopped having the desire to pick up my phone every 10 minutes to check and see what everyone was posting. I've started getting more comfortable leaving my phone in my purse all day and not having it with me all the time like I was born with it attached to my hand. It's kind of liberating. Let's hope I can keep it up after Lent.
 
Once Easter rolls around, it will be nice to be able to have the ability to post a photo to Instagram or have a glass of wine at dinner with my friends if I want, but making these sacrifices has really given me some insight into how important balance is in my life. While it’s nice to be able to enjoy these things, it’s so crucial to enjoy them in moderation. I’m beginning to see more and more that balance really is the key to a happy and healthy life.

Have a fabulous Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go for making it to the halfway mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on making it half way! I am not sure about giving up wine completely either.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know, it's probably one of the hardest things I've ever given up! haha

      Delete
  3. I definitely think it's good every once in a while to give something up. You're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm counting down the days until Easter! It really has been good to take a break for a while though!

      Delete