Hang in there!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

When I came home yesterday, I was feeling kinda gloomy and stressed. I had a long day at work and was pretty much ready to collapse and mope around for the rest of the evening. Aside from work, this long winter has really been getting to me, and even though we've had a few nice days here and there, it's dropped back to freezing again and it just makes me plain miserable.

In all of my moodiness, I trudged up the front walkway to our house and what was there to greet me? One small bunch of beautiful, glorious purple crocuses peeking up from the grass in our front yard.


There they were. A bright pop of life amongst all of the brown, just sitting there waiting to be discovered.

I am a firm believer in signs and I sincerely think that this was one of them. To me, these little flowers were a sign that Spring is indeed coming. A sign that there are brighter days ahead. A sign that I will feel better and these dark and cloudy days will pass. A sign that it's okay to feel a little gloomy and sad sometimes as long as you remember that there are so many wonderful things about life, too.

So, if you're having a bit of a tough time like me, let my little crocuses be a reminder to you: Spring is coming! Sunshine is coming! Keep your chin up and smile because better days are just ahead!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. we have wildflowers that bloom at the end of our driveway. When they pop up, I know spring is coming! :) Hopefully it will happen soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to start seeing everything in bloom!

      Delete