Water, Water, Everywhere...

Thursday, March 6, 2014


If there's one thing that I really hate when it comes to winter, (other than the fact that it never wants to end) it's dry skin.

Any other time of year, I normally don't have a problem with dry skin - which I'm very thankful for - but when the temperatures drop and the icy chill starts to set in, I get so many scales I literally start looking like a snake. My face, hands, feet, legs, and arms get all cracked and gross-looking. And I must say not only does it look bad but there is nothing more uncomfortable than itchy, flaky skin.

This year was particularly awful with the record lows we've had (curse you Polar Vortex!) and after nearly three months of torture, I was completely dried out and desperate for a change.

I decided to do a little research to see what I could find to help remedy my poor skin. I read about all kinds of oils, lotions, and creams, about avoiding hot baths, wearing sunscreen, and buying humidifiers. And I tried nearly all of them but somehow it still didn't seem to completely fix the problem. Surprisingly, there was only one thing that finally gave me some relief - WATER!

The funny part is that I didn't even realize I had made this a goal on my 101 list, so after only a week, I got to cross it off!

#17 - Drink 8 glasses of water every day for a week.

Woohoo!!

I was more than a little excited when I started noticing my skin changing after only a few days of guzzling some H2O. I was also pleased to find such a cheap and easy solution!

Obviously, hydration is not only important for dry skin in the winter but for your whole body year round so I plan to continue drinking 8 glasses of water a day for as long as I can. Hopefully I can make a habit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment