Kale Salad with Warm Cranberry Almond Vinaigrette

Friday, April 11, 2014

Stop what you're doing right now and make sure that you write down the ingredients to this recipe so that you can swing by the store on your way home to make it. TRUST ME. You will thank me later.

I'm serious, guys, this is by far one of the best, I mean BEST salad recipes out there. And believe me, I would know. I'm like a salad expert, I mean, salad is my all-time favorite food after all. I am obsessed with it. If you don't believe, me, just ask Alicia. She was my roommate in college and I once gave her a straight fifteen minute speech on why salad was the greatest food of them all. I literally talked about toppings and greens and dressings for fifteen whole minutes. She thought I was nuts (and probably still does) since she doesn't eat "bunny food" as she calls it, but for real, she would even probably tell you to trust me on this one.

So that being said, let's skip all the crap and jump straight to the good stuff...

[via]

Kale Salad with Warm Cranberry Almond Vinaigrette

Ingredients
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
juice and zest of half a lemon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 bunch kale, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds
(optional) 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese

Directions
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and saute for at least 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Then add cranberries, red wine vinegar and lemon juice and zest, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil and an extra pinch of salt, and massage kale with your fingers for 1 minute until tender. Add in the cranberry/shallot mixture and almonds, and toss to combine. Serve topped with crumbled cheese if desired.

Then, DEVOUR. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds amazing! I will definitely have to try it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It really is delicious!

      Delete