The Sunshine Returns

Thursday, April 10, 2014


Guess how warm it's going to get today?! The forecast is predicting a beautiful and sunny seventy degrees.
YES. SE. VEN. TY. Can you believe it?!

I woke up this morning to the sun peeking through the shades and although it was just shy of an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off, I jumped out of bed and pulled back the curtains to admire the world in all it's warm, golden, brightness.

There is no way that you can look around you in the spring with everything coming back to life and not smile. There's just no way.

The little yellow and white daffodils standing tall in their clusters in the yard. The green grass slowly returning to life after a long, sleepy winter. Little pink buds poking their heads out of the tips of the tree branches just waiting to burst.

There's so much to see out there. It makes me feel so alive this time of year.

Carlisle also seems to be enjoying the shift in the sun's patterns. He's begun to take over most of the bed in the morning, sprawling out completely to warm his furry little self. He loves to lounge there after I get up and makes it nearly impossible for me when I try to make the bed. I end up having to kick him out of the room until I'm finished. When I finally let him back in, he hops back up into his spot and glares at me while I get ready, clearly not pleased that I moved him. But he warms back up to me pretty quickly when I head out to the kitchen and in his most pathetic little kitty meows he starts begging for a second breakfast.

If the weather is as nice near you as it is in Baltimore today, be sure to soak up a little sunshine! Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I feel ya, and this weekend it's going to be 80!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously cannot wait! SO looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. OMG this weather today is AMAZING! I spent my lunch break walking around the harbor. Did you see the forecast for Sunday? 78 DEGREES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked it and I am now even more excited! Woohoo! :) And I'm jealous, I'm sure your walk was gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. SO excited about this gorgeous weather! Windows down weather is back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I plan to blast a little music on my way home :)

      Delete