Not a good day.

Monday, May 19, 2014

I will put up the pictures of our vacation. I promise. And hopefully someday soon. Whenever I stop feeling frazzled long enough to get my head back on straight.

You know how you go on vacation and everything is wonderful and peaceful and fun and when you come back home you brace yourself a little for the amount of work and drama that awaits you because you decided to leave it all behind for a week? Yea, well, I don't think there is anything that could have prepared me for last week and now the insanity that has become this week as well.

Today has not been a good day.

I don't want to get into the details of everything but I am honestly astounded at the way some people in the professional world behave. On more occasions than not (at least as of late), they are conducting themselves more like bitchy, premenstrual teenage girls than real working adults. And I'm sick of it.

I'm not sure if they personally set out to make other people's lives hell for fun, whether they have a chip on their shoulder about something that has happened to them, or that they are simply bored and love to stick their noses where they don't belong, but these people make me want to quit my job.

I'm getting tired of the politics. I'm tired of the power trips. I'm tired of certain individuals thinking that they run the show when in fact no one - I repeat NO ONE - reports to them.

Get a puppy. Take up a hobby. Do something with your life other than ruin mine.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. This could be cc'd to many in the working offices of America. I've always been interested by inner-office dynamics, and why certain character traits seem to appear no matter where you go. Anywho, hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would honestly be curious about that myself. I feel like there's always that one person (or sometimes more) that wants to push people around and make the rules when they have no authority to do so. So frustrating. And thank you - me too!

      Delete