A Liebster Award

Wednesday, June 11, 2014


A few weeks ago, Andrea of Each Lovely Thing nominated me for a Liebster Award! I have only known Andrea via the blogosphere for a short time, but she is incredibly sweet and I really appreciate the nomination! So thank you so much and I hope that you all go check out her awesome blog!

So let's get to the questions, shall we?

1. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I would have to say that landing a job at Johns Hopkins University and getting into their Master's program are big ones for me. When I was in high school I always wanted to go to a great school like Hopkins but I never applied because I think I seriously feared the rejection. So now, saying that I am not only an employee but a student there as well makes me feel like I have finally accomplished that goal.

2. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
Oh wow, this is a tough one. If I was to actually write a book, it would probably be short because I don't have that kind of dedication. So maybe a children's book? Ooh! And it would be about a sloth for sure! And it would likely resemble Eric Carle's masterpiece "Slowly, slowly, slowly, said the Sloth" - which I own, by the way... (but seriously, I do.)

3. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
"Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes your behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself." This is actually a quote from the speech Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen. Back in the 90's Baz Luhrmann turned the piece written by columnist from Chicago into a song. I used to listen to it all the time and I ended up memorizing the entire thing. I can even still recite it to this day. Anyway, this is one of my favorite lines and I try to remind myself of it often. I think the message is something we all need to keep in mind.

4. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Jane Austen, Audrey Hepburn, or Bob Marley. Or all three, please.

5. What kind of vacations do you like?
The ones where I get to explore a new city and see things I've never seen before. I could never be one of those people that goes back to the same place every single year. There's just too much of the world to see.

6. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
That I can recite Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen from start to finish.

7. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
Probably. No one should have to die this young. There's too much life to be lived. But I do have so many wonderful people in my life that if I were to die tomorrow, I could at least die knowing I was so incredibly lucky to be so loved.

8. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
I'm actually really hyper sensitive. There's a quote I like that really sums it up, "Some say I'm too sensitive but the truth is I just feel too much. Every word, every action, and every energy goes straight to my heart."

9. What was the highlight of your day so far?
Being surprised by a free cup of my favorite coffee by a co-worker. The little things just make me so happy.

10. What inspired you to start a blog?
I had been reading a few blogs religiously for a couple of years and I wanted to start one probably for the same reasons most people do: to document life and to keep in touch with people that don't live close. It's nice to have an online journal of sorts that I can always go back and read. It's amazing too to see how quickly things change in only a couple of years. I hope to keep blogging for a long time.

11. If you could change one thing from your life as it is today, what would it be?
I would want to be able to spend more time with distant family and friends. It's really hard being far away from those you love. In a perfect world we would all live in one giant house together and have huge dinner parties every night where everyone would sit around and joke and laugh and tell stories until the sun came up. Yea, I want more of that in my life.

My nominees:
Megan from Soup of the Day
Macy at To Travel and Beyond
Ali at Journey of Our Love
Alicia at The Finding Years
Jenn at A Country Girl's World
Tabitha at Wandering Java Lover

And their questions:
1. If you had to choose one blogger out there who has really inspired you, who would it be?
2. Do you have a favorite place to visit in the summer time?
3. Have you ever lived in a different country? If not, where would you move if you could?
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. Has blogging turned out to be all that you expected? What are your favorite and not so favorite things about it?
6. If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
7. What's the story behind your blog name?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What is your favorite type of post to write and why?
10. If you had a super power what would that be?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much!! I will definitely answer the questions and post next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And I can't wait to read your answers! :)

      Delete